Tuesday, October 14, 2008

more vintage The Face magazine fashion April 1986

I bought a bunch of The Face and I-D mags recently from the mid 80s and early 90s hoping to find yet more interesting fashion ideas (and music) in the never ending hunt for something inspiring which I haven't seen in the over infused mining of the past we got going on now. Surprisingly there have not been many fashion shoots that I have been gaga about. But this one from 1986 features more of the Ray Petri Buffalo style, more of which you can find here. Designers featured here include Gaultier, Michiko Koshino, Judy Blame, Byblos, Takeo Kikuchi and others. I will post a new cassette by the weekend.







5 comments:

Anonymous said...

"I bought a bunch of The Face and I-D mags recently from the mid 80s and early 90s hoping to find yet more interesting fashion ideas (and music) in the never ending hunt for something inspiring which I haven't seen in the over infused mining of the past we got going on now."

paradox? haha

dalston shopper said...

(a) there's a difference between mining that I do and mining that others do. Cause it's not mine :)

(b) there's more to life than Demeulemickeymousster

ghost said...

try looking for nytimes magazines from that era. there are some visual jewels to be found.

Andrea said...

I wanted to make sure you knew that the picture of Kinga and Lou I posted on my blog was in no way some dream wish that i was as cool as all in London. While both are gorgeous, I posted the pictures because I have been a fan of their work. This was just to clear things up.
\andrea

Andrea said...

Haha then you are basically who I want to be in 3 years.